Monday, April 5, 2010

BEACH TIME!
Good Friday us and some friends took our kids to Gulf Shores for the day! We left around 10 and the whole way over there the sky was so pretty. I kept looking up to the sky and remembering Jesus and cross. I am so grateful that God sent his son to die for my sins. We got to Gulf Shores around 12:30 and the kids played on the beach until about 3:30 or 4. It was a little windy and the sun pretty much stayed behind the clouds...but leave it to our kids to get in the 60 degree water with the wind blowing...lol! They would run in the water and then run to us with their teeth chattering saying they were cold. They had a blast though. Even though it was kind of an overcast I am so glad that I put sunscreen on Maggie and JOrdan I didn't put any sun block on myself and I got FRIED. It was one of the worst times I have let myself get like that. So needless to say I have been miserable and just now starting to feel better! This little trip got us itching for summer and our upcoming beach trips! We can't wait!
fun in the sun...

running from the freezing water!

Maggie was not to fond of being burried in the sand!



After we got done with the beach we packed up and went to eat at Tacky Jacks. I love going here because of the relaxed atmosphere and they have really good food too! We opted to eat outside on the deck area and although it was a little chilly, we had a great time! They have a little area outside for kids to play while you are waiting for a table, etc, so while we were waiting on our food, we took the kids down to play in the sand. We even saw some dolphins playing in the water so we walked out on the pier so that the kids could see them. We left TJ's around 7:15 and headed home. Maggie and Jordan amazingly stayed awake the whole ride home(about 2hrs). I was shocked because I was exhausted so I knew they had to have been but I was also thankful that as soon as we got home Maggie went to bed!
Noah dancing to the music

Maggie and her fisbee from the waitress

Maggie playing in the sand

Jordan, Cade, and Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment