Friday, February 11, 2011

MY 31ST BIRTHDAY
My birthday was Feb 8th and it was a great one! Warren got me a new MacBook Pro and I LOVE it! I still have not really "played" with it and figured out all the neat stuff it can do, but I plan on doing that real soon! After we picked up Maggie from school, we went and ate Ruby Tuesday's. Afterwards we came home and Maggie and I played "school", her new favorite thing to play! I had to go teach gymnastics at 4:30. The people I work with got me the cutest cake and it was so good! Then I met everyone at my mom's for grilled steaks and cupcakes. I got the PW cookbook, which I am very excited about. I thumbed through it and have several things that I can't wait to try. I also a few other cookbook, some money, and a car charger for my cell. Afterwards, Warren brought Maggie home and I stayed at my mom's til 10:30 just talking. We hardly ever get to do that, so it was fun. And one of the best parts of the day/night....I got a job! The principle at my mom's school comes to Zumba at the studio where I teach dance. As I was leaving, she ask if I still had my teaching license(yes, I used to be a teacher). I swore to NEVER let this thing expire...even though I never planned to teach again. The test is SO hard(at least for me). Anyways I told her yes, and she ask if I was interested in a part time certified tutoring position. She said that when Warren is home I could work up to 19 hours if I wanted to and when he is gone, I can just work while Maggie is at preschool. How awesome?! With Maggie going to k-garden next year, I was wanting to find something part-time using my degree, and this literally fell into my lap. I am so excited and nervous at the same time, I have not "worked" in 6 years, so it's kinda bittersweet. I am so glad to be able to make a little extra money and still be with Maggie!

No comments:

Post a Comment