HAPPY 6TH BIRTHDAY MAGGIE RENA'!


My angel girl is 6 years old. I can NOT even believe that I am typing those words! Six years ago, we were introduced to one of the most amazing things God has ever blessed us with. 8lb and 9oz of pure perfection. Words can never express the love we have for our sweet girl. I don't believe I have ever written my labor and delivery story, so I will now(just for my own memory and so that one day Maggie can read this). We tried to get pregnant for 1 year to the month before we found out we were pregnant. We found out I was pregnant in October 2005 and my due date was July 4th 2006. I just has a feeling that it was a girl. I don't know what it was, I just "knew". Fast forward 4 months and A LOT of sickness later, we found out, that it was indeed a sweet little girl! Her name would be Margaret Rena' and she would be called "Maggie". Margaret, after Warren's maternal grandmother and mother, and Rena' is my mom's middle name. I was on cloud 9. I had a pretty uneventful pregnancy for the next 10 weeks, then found out I had gestational diabetes. About 4 weeks before my due date, Dr. D started discussing a c-section. We would have weekly ultrasounds to monitor her weight. Ultimately, it was decided(well I had no choice) that Maggie would be born via c-section. She was estimated to be 10-12 lbs at birth. I was scheduled for June 27 at 5:30 p.m. Maggie had other plans, and at 11/11:30pm on June 25, I started having contractions. Being my first pregnancy, I of course wondered....how do you know your in labor, how do you know if you are having contractions, etc. When I had my first contraction, I just KNEW. We were living with my MIL at the time, and I was in Warren's (old) room and he was out on the futon in the den. I texted him and ask him to google "signs of labor/contractions" and he text back and ask if I was serious. Yes, I am dead serious, and then he came in the bedroom. I got up, went to the bathroom and passed my mucus plug. I ask him to wake up his sister and ask her if that was what it was, instead, he woke up his mom, who jumped up and proclaimed...."omg, she is in labor!" I got in the shower, packed my bag(mind you I was scheduled over a week before my due date, so I was going to pack the day I went to the hospital), packed Maggie a little bag, and off we went to the hospital. We entered through the E.R., and I waited for a just a short time. They came and got me in a wheel chair( I thought it was funny at the time because at this point of course I could walk and I wasn't in a TON of pain yet)and brought me to labor and delivery. They gave me a gown and I got in the bed and hooked up to all the monitors. No sooner did the nurse walk out, my water broke. By this time I was in A LOT of pain. I had daydreamed about having family in the room, etc, but I was in SO much pain that I didn't want anyone in there except Warren. Looking back now, that is something that I regret, but at the time, pain over rode any previous decision that I had already made. I honestly just wanted it to be over with, or at least have something for pain. If I had to guess, I laid there for 45 min to an hour(maybe longer) and then I I stated freaking out because I had to push. That started to rush of everything. A nurse came in, I was almost fully dialated and then the Dr.(not my Dr, but amazing just the same as he is my Dr. now). He ask if I wanted to be put to sleep or not. I told him I didn't care and then he asked if I had eaten. I had...egg salad, and to this day, my MIL says thats what put me in labor...lol. Long story short, I had to be put to sleep because I had eaten. The last thing I remember is being wheeled down the hall with a mask on my face and me telling them that I could not breathe. Then I remember looking up and seeing Dr. B over me and I was out. Maggie was born at 4:26 a.m. I remember waking up in recovery and I could hear Warren and the nurse talking, but I could not talk. I can remember asking myself if I had Maggie yet, and then I heard the nurse tell Warren that everything happened so fast and she didn't have time to take any pictures. I also remember her telling Warren that "she wasn't as big as we thought she was going to be." At some point, I was able to talk and they took me to my room and by the nursery, where I got my first glimpse at my perfect little girl! I am sure this was boring to anyone that made it this far, but it is a story that I want to remember every detail possible to.
No comments:
Post a Comment