Sunday, November 18, 2012

A HEART FULL OF THANKS

Yes, I am slacking on my "thankful posts!"  I will definitely get back to those tomorrow.  We had a GREAT sermon today at church.  Really, it was very simple, but it has just been on my heart all day.  It was about being thankful.  Yes, I am thankful, yes, I have been writing thankful posts, yes, I am very blessed, but this sermon just rocked me to my core.  Our preacher talked about just being thankful in EVERY situation and refrain from constantly complaining.  I will admit, I am a complainer :).  I know this sounds crazy, but we were supposed to be out of school tomorrow and Tuesday but lovely Hurricane Isaac had other plans!  Fast forward to now and we are still making up Hurricane days :/.  I griped and complained several times last week.  And yes, I realize that I am human and it is my nature to do these things, but really?  And don't get me wrong, I do my fair share (plus some) of complaining, I am just using this as an example.  I realized today that I should have been praising God for my job, praising God that I have a family to share Thanksgiving with, praising God that I am here this Thanksgiving, praising God that myself and my family are healthy, praising God that I have a full tummy and a roof over my head, praising God that I am saved by his amazing grace, praising God that he has provided for me and my family in every way imaginable plus a billion times more.  You get the picture, but obviously, I had forgotten.  God knew that I needed to hear these simple, yet so powerful words this morning.  He knew that I needed to be reminded of all of the wonderful blessings he has given me.  It is amazing to me that HE  knows EVERYTHING about me and my needs and he ALWAYS provides.  And for that, I am THANKFUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment