I can hardly believe that I am typing this. The end of 2nd grade seems like the end of little girlhood(that's probably not even a word). 3rd grade seems like becoming more of a little lady, and I don't like it one bit. When I start to feel blue about Maggie growing up, I try and remind myself what I privilege I have been given...there are families out there who did not see their precious little one even make it to 2nd grade and there are families out there that never will. I do always try and remember this, but I still get sad sometimes. In the grand scheme of things though, I am beyond grateful for my sweet little girl and I am honored to watch her grow and develop into the little girl God wants her to be!
Last Friday, was Maggie's last day. It was a super fun day....they walked to the park, had a pizza party when they returned, received awards, and went outside for root beer and coke floats. What a fantastic way to end 2nd grade!
We were blessed with a fantastic teacher this year. I will be forever grateful to Mrs. L for all she taught my sweet girl this year. Mrs. L loved these kids and it really showed. We will miss her so! She is greatly appreciated!
No comments:
Post a Comment