Monday, June 5, 2017

RECITAL 2017- THE TOY STORE

Recital time this year was different than any other year before.  Mrs. Marvie, Mrs. Robin's mom died 1 week before the recital.  Mrs. Marvie was always at the studio and everyone there loved and respected her immensely.  It was a sudden loss and one that broke the hearts of many people.  Us dance teachers steeped in and pretty much took over, as Robin was busy taking care of other things.  Through everything that was going on, the recital still went off without a hitch and turned out fabulous!

Maggie's gymnastics was the opening number.  It was called "Scattered Toys," and each child was a different toy.  Maggie was a rag doll :)



Just a little side note- 7 of our 13 All Star softball girls' were in this recital.  With that being said, our entire team had to sit out for the first tournament because the recital was the same weekend.  It was a little disappointing, but these girls' have worked so hard since August in dance!  They all did a great job!
                                                            

Sweet cousins!

Getting ready for the show to start!



Some of my little Indian girls!

Hip Hop central :)



Maggie and Whit Whit... another ball teammate :)

 Maggie and Kaitlee bug!


 This picture has a weird shadow, but it's a keeper of Maggie and Mrs.Robin!

I started taking from Mrs. Robin when I was 9 years old, and 28 years later, I am still connected to her.  I took dance/gymnastics until I graduated high school, and have taught for her for over 15 years!  I love her and all of the kids that come through her doors.  For the past several years, I have been saying I was going to call it quits, but something keeps me coming back :)  We love RAPAC!



No comments:

Post a Comment