Tuesday, October 17, 2017

HAWAII DAY 5 and 6

It's so hard to even say this, but this was one of my favorite days!  I knew going into this trip that I wanted to go to the North Shore and today was the day.  Monica had been, but she loved it so much and wanted to go back with us!  We drove down that morning and I'm so glad we did because when we came back through around 1, it was much more crowded on the pull offs and parking lots.  We honestly just drove and ended up stopping at a random pull off point.  We could see people surfing, so we figured there would be some good waves.  Waves were what was on Maggie's agenda for this day.  She loves surf!  As soon as we started walking down to the beach, we could see people gathered around taking pictures, so we knew there had to be something interesting down there.  As soon as we got down there, people started moving away and we figured that we had just missed whatever it was.  A few minutes later, we saw a "turtle" man.  He was a volunteer and told us that there had been a turtle.  We were kinda bummed that we had just missed it.  A short time later, people started walking up through the rocks.  At this point, we knew that there was something up there.  The volunteer was advising people to be extremely careful, as someone had fallen on the rocks back in June and broke their neck...yikes!  We were super careful and made it up and over the rocks to find FIVE turtles swimming around in a little tide pool.  Even the volunteer said he had never seen this many at one time.  WOW!  We were super excited!




We hopped back in the car and drove a little farther.  We saw one beach that looked gorgeous, but there was no parking in the lot left.  People were parking on the busy road and walking a ways down.  We decided to keep going to see what we could find.  We ended up finding another random pull off and we just went for it, having no clue what we would find.  As soon as we got out of the car, we could hear the surf.  I knew Maggie would be excited.  We walked down through a little worded area and I can't even explain the sight that was before us.  It was one of the most beautiful views I have ever seen...EVER!  We would soon see that the surf was WAY too big for Maggie to actually get in.  I let her play along the shore line and I was still a little stressed and wound't take my eyes off of her.  She was actually getting knocked down at the shore line.  At one point, she actually ran up to where I was sitting and said, "this is the best best day ever!"  She loved it times a thousand!  We sent a while there and finally had to pry Maggie away because we were starving.  The pictures do not do an ounce of justice to show how big the surf was...
















We ended up at a cute little burger joint...I can't remember the name and then got some shaved ice at the famous Matsumoto's!  On the way back to the car, we found some wings!



To end the day, we had dinner down at one of the resorts with Monica and Gary.  

Thursday we went back to the Lagoons for a relaxing/slow day. I don't have a single picture from this day.  It was super hot out, so we all stayed in the water the entire time we were there.  When Warren got off, we drove back to Kailua to spend our last few days with the Williams' clan.




No comments:

Post a Comment