Friday, March 2, 2018

PROUD MAMMA

Long story short, when Maggie got in the car yesterday after school, I could tell something was wrong with her.  I asked her what was bothering her and she burst into tears and said that she had done poorly on a test at school.  Maggie is a great student and has always made good grades.  When she does have an uh oh, I usually don't get on her too much because I know that she always tries her best as far as school goes AND, I know how hard some of these tests can be!  We talked about what she struggled on, etc and tried to move on.  With that being said, I pretty much told her it would be ok and that hopefully it wouldn't hurt her grade too much.   I ended up emailing her teacher and about an hour later, her teacher called me. Her teacher immediately told me that she never wants any of her students to feel unsuccessful, and that she would be allowing Maggie to correct her mistakes for a better grade.  She asked me to please let Maggie know that there was no need for her to be upset.  And although I am glad that she is doing this, what we talked about afterwards, made my heart jump out of my chest.  Her teacher told me that Maggie is so well behaved, polite, respectful, smart and sweet.  She said that if she could have 90 Maggie's all day long, her day would be perfect.  Now, I pretty much know that Maggie is those things, and I don't say that as in she is perfect, etc.  I say that because Maggie knows what Warren and I expect from her at school. And she knows the consequences if she choses otherwise.  More than anything, I want her to be polite, respectful and kind.  I want Jesus to shine through her and I want her actions to be genuine.  At the end of the day, it's ok if she doesn't always have all A's or messes up on a test, her actions towards others are what make me the most proud.  I told Maggie the conversation between her teacher and me and told her how proud I was of her.  I want Maggie to know that even though it may not be often said, people do notice and appreciate her :)


No comments:

Post a Comment