I was sitting outside earlier this week, and this thought popped in my head. What IF the pain you feel on this Earth is actually God's grace and mercy. It kind of came out of nowhere and as I sat there repeating that, it started to make sense. For example...the loss of a loved one...we are grieved, we are hurting, we sometimes don't know what the do, etc. What IF the pain and grief we feel could be magnified by a million, or even more. What IF God's mercy protects us from that. I can't imagine feeling any worse in that situation, but potentially.... After a lot of thought, I believe there is truth in this. What if our greatest disappointments are not potentially as bad as they "could" be? What if a broken heart "really" feels a thousand times worse than what we actually experience? I could go on and on, but hopefully I kind of got out what I was trying to say! As I have pondered on these thoughts for a few days now, it opens my eyes and leaves me with the question/statement.....I don't think we can ever fully understand or imagine what God "protects" us from. It makes me cry to just think about it. I feel like we take advantage of it. MYSELF included. I mean dang...I just "got" this and I'm 38 years old. When Jesus went to the cross and bore EVERY one of our sins, life as we would know it would never be the same. PRAISE GOD for that. Can you even imagine a life/world without Jesus?! I will NEVER fully understand the crucifixion of Jesus as far as what it was like. I can imagine the agony, but I will never understand it.
Easter this year was a blessing as always! We went to the early service at church and then had lunch with Warren family and diner with mine. I wasn't able to attend service this year because I had children's church, but we had a great time learning about the resurrection of Jesus!
This year, we thought we would try something different with the eggs. We did the rice method and loved how they turned out!
We also tried using whipped cream. Although some eggs turned out pretty lite colored, others were very cool looking! We were pleased with this method as well!
The bunny hopped on through and left some goodies :)
No comments:
Post a Comment