PRAISE THE LORD FOR GOOD INSURANCE!
So...to start things off, last Saturday morning Maggie and I were getting ready to go to the mall when I noticed she wasn't feeling well. I imediately checked her temp and it was around 101. She just had the flu about 3 weeks previous so I was thinking to myself...this HAS to be a fluke! So I waited about 30 min to check it again and it had gone up to 103...WTH?!?! I called the Dr on call and he said give her tylenol and motrin and call back if we had any other problems. So at the time of the call she was asleep and I figured I would give her a little time before I woke her up to give her medecine(I know I know she was running 103...what was I thinking?) So, after she woke up I imediately gave her tylenol and she threw it right back up. Oh yeah...very fun for mommy! I pretty much freaked out and called my mom as Maggie is crying and I am cleaning up vomit off of her and myself as well as the floor. My mom got here and finished cleaning it up(thanks mom) and I thought maybe Maggie needed to eat a little something before trying to give her the medecine again. We talked her into eating a piece of bread and after 3 bites....vomit yet again. She was still running 103 so I called the Dr back because she needed to have medecine but wasn't able to hold anything down. He said leave now and bring her to the E.R. Upon arrival they checked temp and it was around 102, got us in a room and we waited. E.R. Dr came in followed by nurse and they tried giving her more medecine which she threw up! Lord help me! They told us that if she couldn't hold anything down we would have to stay. Finally they gave her some Zofran and she was able to hold down medecine and a popcicle. Praise the Lord! We got home and Maggie acted like she felt a lot better...she was even playing on the floor. So I think to myself...ok she has a little 24 hr bug and we should be feeling better by tomorrow...WRONG! She ran a very high fever throughout the night...103-104. I had bathclothes on her head and back and well...lets just say it was a rough night. By Sunday morning she was still burning up with fever and acting very lethargic. By this time I had had enough(and quite frankly, I was scared). I called the pedi on call again and told him what was going on the he said go to the pedi floor...I am admitting her and I will be there around 5. We got to the pedi floor and she was running 103.5 and her O2 stats were low. They swabbed her for the flu and strep and cathed her, and did bloodwork before giving her an IV. Shortly after we were taken for chest Xrays. Back up to the room we went for a pretty uneventful rest of the afternoon. Around 5:30 her Dr came in and said it sounded like she had a stinch on pneumonia and she had blood in her urine(which he thought could be from the cath). Around 9 she started running a high fever again and when they gave her med she threw it up and her O2 stats had dropped again. They eneded up giving her Zofran as well as a tylenol sapository(sp). She did fairly well for the rest of the night and we went the next morning for a ultrasound of her bladder and kidney's. All Xrays and ultrasounds turned out normal and we had to spend Monday night in the hospital to make sure she didn't run fever again. Tuesday morning she was basically diagnosed as having a very bad virus and we were joyfully on our way home with antibiotics.
So....Tuesday night I get a call from Warren(mind you he is in Cape Cod, MA) saying his stomach had been hurting all day(those who know Warren know he is a complainer, so I knew he must be pretty uncomfortable). He said he was gonna go ahead and go to bed and try and feel better. Well Wednesday morning I get a text from him saying that he had went to the E.R. WHAT????? After being examined they gave him a diagnosis of probale appendacitis(sp). Are you kidding me???? He had to drink some stuff and went for a CT scan and oh yeah...appendacitis it was. Surgery scheduled for 9:30 p.m. After a 2hr delay he went back for sugery around 11:30 and I got a call from his Dr around 1:15 saying that everything went great. He was released the next day and is recovering well. Thank you to everyone who helped out and prayed for us while Maggie was in the hospital and prayed for Warren through his ordeal. So needless to say....I can't wait to see my medical bills :) But hey....praise God both my babies are doing fine! I have several more pictures...if I can just get them off of my phone!
No comments:
Post a Comment