Friday, July 16, 2010

CUTE COMMENTS FROM MAGGIE....
Lately I have been telling Maggie that she needs to stop growing up. I tell her that it makes me sad that she is getting so big. So out of the blue the other night we were at the table and Maggie looked at me and in the sweetest voice said..."mommy, you don't want me to grow bigger?" "Why?" "Cause it makes you sad that I am growing bigger?" It was just the sweetest thing...it almost sounded like she was concerned because it makes me sad that she is growing up. I love that little stinker!

Today, as it was POURING rain, Maggie says..."God told it to rain so the grass can grow?" I just the innocence of a child and the way they hang onto everything you tell them with shear passion.

Everytime we see boom Maggie asks a question about the oil. This child is FULL of questions and you if you don't give her an answer, she does not stop! IDK is not good enough and lordy if she asks something don't answer with..."maybe, or probably" she has a heart attack! She wants an ANSWER! So of course sometimes we have to make something up in order to satisfy her. Well anyways, she is ALWAYS seeing the boom and saying something about the oil. We were on our way home from a bday party tonight and we were on the interstate crossing a bridge. She was falling asleep so I said, "Maggie, look over there across the water at all those lights!" She looked across the river and this was her reply "look at all that oil'd"(this is how she says it..maybe should spell oiled). I tried to explain that there was not oil in that water, that it was just dark outside and that's why the water looked black!

Every now and then, I will babysit my bestfriends 2 little boys. For a week or so, I had kept them a few times. One day Maggie woke up and said, "momma, are we keeping the boys today?" It was just funny for her to say it that way...all grown up sounding!

Also we are 2 nights and counting sleeping in big girl panties! She has been potty trained since 25 months, we have just always put her in a diaper at night. When she was younger, she was filling the diaper up during the night, so I knew that she was not ready for panties at night! As she got older, her diaper/pullup was less and less full. So for about the past 2 months she has been being 100 percent dry in the mornings with the exception of a day here and there. I knew it was time to try panties at night, but I just dreaded having to clean up tee-tee during the night if she had an accident. So far, so good! I am sure that at some point I will have that dreaded night time clean up, but she has been doing excellent with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment