Maggie got her ears pierced! She has been asking for about the past 2 months to have them done and we told her yes but it has pretty much just rolled off of our shoulders. Honestly, I did NOT want to get them done so I pretty much just let it roll of my back. When she was a baby, I used to tease Warren about wanting to get her ears pierced(I would have never done it...babies with earrings just don't look like babies to me). Warren had always said that when Maggie was old enought to ask for them and want them, then we would talk about it. Saturday we were planning on doing a little shopping because Warren wanted to get out of the house. Out of the blue, Maggie ask if she could get her ears pierced. I told her to go ask her daddy and off to Walmart we went. Before we left we told her that it would hurt a little adn she just said that was fine. She did ask me if it was going to make her be upset and I told her probably a little. I truely believed that she was gonna not want to do it when we got there(and if that would have been the case, I would have never MADE her...we would have just left). When we got there, there was only 1 lady working the jewelry counter so I ask if anyone would be joining her soon(I was not about to do 1 ear at a time) She said in about 30 minutes there would be another lady there too. So we let Maggie look at the earrings and go ahead and pick out the one's she wanted and walked around the store and picked up a few things we needed. We came back at 1:30 and I was sure Maggie was gonna change her mind(I had the tinniest bit of hope she wouldn't do it) but she hopped right up in that chair. Poor thing didn't know what was coming! The ladies did awesome with her and it was over within 10 seconds! About 30 seconds of crying and hugging, Maggie was facinated with her new earrings! Right after I ask her if I could take a picture and she said "when I am not upset you can" After that, for the rest of the day she looked in every mirror we passed! We had several people ask if she had just gotten them pierced...that's how obvious it was! She called everyone and we had to go show everyone too! Warren videod the whole thing on his phone and maybe oneday I will figure out how to get that posted, but for now, here some before and after pictures!
This was before the piercing....I wanted one last picture with no earrings but she wouldn't cooperate
This is when she wasn't "upset" anymore
this is what she did all day long...
One last picture before bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment