Wednesday, December 8, 2010

AND WE'RE OFF TO ORLANDO....FIRST STOP...SEA WORLD!
(WARNING...all the posts about our trip are going to be looong. I want to remember everything)
Sunday, we headed to Orlando. We had planned on leaving aroung 8a.m. so that we could get to Sea World around lunch time. Well, leaving at 8 was a big negative. We were just so tired! We didn't end up leaving Gainsville until around 10:30, but the good news is that we were way closer to Orlando than what we thought. We originally thought that we were about 3 to 3.5 hrs away, but we were actually only about 1.5-2 hours away. So that worked out well. We arrived at Sea Word around 1(we had to make stops at Dunkin Doughnuts). We had a lot of fun at Sea World. Warren had never been and of course neither had Maggie. Before we left for the trip, Warren found out that military members as well as 3 guests get in for free! Awesome! I will say this...if we would have had to pay, it would have cost $80 a piece for Warren and I, and like $60 or $70 for Maggie. It definately was NOT worth that much money(in my opinion). It was beautiful and we had a great time there...just not something I would spend that kind of money on!
My favorite thing there was the dolphin show.




We also went to see the Shamu show with the killer whales. The whales were very pretty, but the show was a little disppointing. The last time I saw the show, the trainers and the whales performed tricks together. This time only the whales did tricks, but it was still pretty cool!



There were 2 roller coasters there and Warren and I took turns riding them. They did have a little kiddie land that had several rides for kids and we enjoyed that.


Warren even had fun in kiddie land



There was also a ride called Atlantis(similar to Splash Mountain at DW) and Maggie LOVED it! She loved getting "soapin wet." This was my first intuition that she was going to love the "big" rides at DW. After riding Atlantis 2 times we let Maggie pick out a souvenier and we were on our way to get something to eat and find our hotel in Orlando. We tried to get to bed as early as possible because Disney started the next day, but I told Warren we just needed to get prepared to stay exhausted....and boy was that the case :) But it was SO worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment