A LITTLE CHRISTMAS QUIZ....
We are back from Disney...bittersweet, but now it's time to get into the Christmas "zone." You know Disney...when your there, time kinda stops, or at least that's how it feels to me! I saw this quiz on another blog and thought it would be fun!
1.Eggnog or hot chocolate? Definately hot chocolate! I love the stuff. I don't know if I have ever even had eggnog but it sure does sound gross!
2.Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? We when I was littel Santa always sat them out on Christmas Eve. As I got a little older, he wrapped some, but very few! When Warren was little his presents were always wrapped. So when Maggie came along, we had a problem. Ha! Not really, but of course I wanted to do it my way and Warren his. So what to do??? Compromise...lol! One year wrap, the next, sit out. I don't really like that plan because it doesn't set a tradition for her. Last year we wrapped them all, so this year I am hoping to sit most of them out and wrap a few. I just always loved my stuff sitting out because it was all set out and ready to play with. I feel ike if you sit there and upwrap, the excitment starts to fade. But we will see!
3.Colored lights or white lights in tree/house? When I was little we never really decorated the outside of the house but we have always had colored lights on the tree. Now we decorate with colored lights on the tree and white lights outside. For some reason white lights outside just look cleaner...maybe someone should tell that to the person on the corner :) I will have to take a pic of their house. OMgosh....insanity over there!
4.Do you have mistletoe? Never have, probably never will!
5.When do you put up your decorations? Usually we put them up the weekend after Thanksgiving, but this year we got our tree up today(because of Disney) and we decided not to do the outside this year just because we were gone the first week in Dec and it just seemed like we would put them up only to take them right back down)
6.What is your favorite Holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Oh goodness! I don't think I can choose! I love my uncle's dressing, my aunt's corn casserole, and my cousin's brocoli casserole. I love the ham, sweet potato casserole, deviled eggs...and the list goes on. See, I told you I couldn't pick just 1!
7.Favorite Holiday memory as a child. Probably my sis and I waking up before everyone else and running into the living room and then running to wake everyone else up! Also just going to my Aunt Peggy's at noon and eating lunch and opening gifts.
8.Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? I have always opened gifts on Christmas Eve. We always had some many places to go between Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and we had to split them. Now we do Christmas Eve at my MIL so we open lots of gifts!
9.When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember exactly how old I was, but I do know that I was probaly one of the only one's my age that still believed. And ya know...I think that I knew the "truth," I just didn't want to believe it! The spirit of Santa is still in my heart though. And I LOVE being Santa to Maggie. It makes my heart smile!
10.How do you decorate your tree? Our tree just has random ornaments on it. Stuff we have bought over the years and also things that Maggie has made at school. Maggie has a pink one in her room with brown and green decor. One day I hope to have another tree with a theme...like maybe Disney or just some colors that I like!
11.Snow...Love it or Hate it? Well considering it NEVER snows here in South Mississippi, I would say I love it! But, I don't have to deal with it 3-4 months out of the year either! I have seen snow maybe 2 or 3 times here in my life(once being my birthday slumber party and the other time Christmas Day of 2004) but I would love it a little more often :)
12.Can you ice skate? As a matter of fact, I sure can! I mean not like a pro or anything, but I can stay on my feet and skate around without falling!
13.Do you remember your favorite gift? I don't remember a "favorite" gift, but I do remember some gifts. One year my sis and I got a powerwheels 3 wheeler to share and another year, I remember getting a baby doll with a high chair that I really liked!
14.What is the most important thing about the Holiday's for you? I would have to say family. I love just being with them! Jesus is definately the reason for the season and I definately need to focus on that more!
15.
No comments:
Post a Comment