Friday, July 22, 2011

SHE IS REGISTERED FOR KINDERGARTEN!
Yesterday, we registered for kindergarten! It was so surreal. School starts on Aug. 4, but Maggie doesn't go until the 11th. In our district, they do "discovery days" for kindergarten. This is when the parent chooses a day and brings their child so that they will be more comfortable. We get to go eat breakfast with them and talk to the teacher for a little bit. Then we leave and pick up our child at noon. We also found out that the district did away with nap(rest) time. I was a little worried about nap, because Maggie has not napped in over 3 years :). She was NOT my napper...lol! I never minded though because she was a wonderful night time sleeper, and still is. She sleeps about 11 hours every night! After registration, we went and had lunch and headed out for the remainder of school uniforms. We had a fun girls day with my bf and her "daughter's". The girls got some cute clothes, bows, and dance bags. Maggie is very excited, and I will have to admit...I am excited for her. Although it breaks my heart that she is growing up before my eyes, I am super excited to watch her grow and blossom. I am praying she does well behavior wise at school. Not that she is bad or disrespectful or any of that, but she tends to be a social butterfly, and that worries me a little. I was the shy kid who never wanted to get in trouble at school, and she is the complete opposite! She is very outgoing and is friends with everyone. Not that there is anything wrong with that at all....she has her daddy's personality for sure! But all things aside...I am sure she will do just fine. She is a very smart little girl and I know she will make us proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment