Monday, August 22, 2011

MAGGIE'S FIRST PEDI!
Saturday, Maggie and I went and got pedicure's. She was so excited to do this. It's something that she has been asking to do for several months. She has been a very good girl in school(getting all greens so far) and she made a 100 on her reading test Friday. I am one proud mamma! She is in the advanced reading class at her school. Anyways, as a little reward, I told her she could get a pedicure. It is not something that will happen every week, or every other week for that matter. Maggie is not rewarded everyday for good behavior at school. Yes, we are extremely proud of her, and yes, she gets praised everyday after school. But we want her to understand that good behavior is expected, regardless. We do little things here and there, but if she gets green ALL month, then she may get around $10.00 to spend on a toy. Also, if she has had green all week, we leave early Friday mornings, and she gets a donut for breakfast at the bakery. Like I said, we definatley believe in rewarding for good behavior, just not on a daily basis. We don't want her to think...oh, if I am good, I will get a special treat, but if I am not on my best behavior, it's fine...I just won't get a treat today. This is the way WE do things. No offense to anyone else. I have friends that go a totally different route with this...and that's fine. Maggie is our child and the other children are my friends children. No judgement here:). Maggie really is a very well behaved child, so I think we would go broke doing rewards all of the time!
We are on our 2nd full weeks of school. So far, so good. Maggie really seems to be enjoying it, and I am so glad! Our weeks are extremely busy...not much time for anything except the necessities. Monday-Wednesday, there is no time for anything other than work, school, dance, homework, baths, and bed. Thursday is a little more relaxing, as we have no dance this night and Friday, well let's just say by the end of the week, it's a very welcomed day! I am enjoying work. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my job! I hope to continue doing this for a very LONG time! I am so thankful for this life that God has chosen for me thus far!

No comments:

Post a Comment