Friday, February 17, 2012

A SWEET SURPRISE!

We received a sweet surprise in the mail a couple of weeks ago!
We began sponsoring a Compassion child back in November and I was so excited to get a letter from her. I had heard about this group from several people and for years(literally) been saying I was going to sponsor a child. I know this sounds crazy...but every time I got on the site, I was overwhelmed. There are so many kids...how do you choose? So, I kinda brushed it to the back of my mind(although God resurfaced the thought many times). I finally decided...just DO it! Before going on the website again, I had pretty much decided that we would choose a girl around the same age as Maggie. I just felt this was the best way for me to not feel so overwhelmed. I ended up typing in Maggie's birthday, just to try and narrow it down a little more. Low and behold, out of all of the kids, there was only ONE little girl that popped up. So Maggie and Maria(pretty cool that they both start with "M" too) are the same age with the exact same birthday! Pretty cool, and I feel like she was meant to be our sweet "adopted" little girl :) I am SO excited to be able to sponsor this little girl and watch her grow. Who knows...maybe someday we would even be able to meet her. That would be awesome. But for now, we are getting to know her through letters and updates! We are in the process of writing her back and sending some stickers for her to have!

No comments:

Post a Comment