Tuesday, November 13, 2012

FALLING A LITTLE BEHIND! DAY 6-13

Well my friends, I have fallen a little behind on the thankful posts, so I will just do day 6-13 in one long post and try to stay on track starting tomorrow!

Day 6- I am thankful for my nephew and 2 nieces.
~I have an almost 9 year old sweet nephew.  Him and Maggie are VERY close.  Like brother and sister close.  They are both only children, so this probably has a lot to with it.  Brennen is very protective of Maggie, and Maggie thinks he hangs the moon :)  I am so blessed that they have the close relationship that they do.
~Next, I have a sassy almost 13 year old niece.  Sassy may be an understatement for this child!  But, Maggie adores her and thinks she is the "coolest" thing!  She does have a sweet and caring side and she can also be very helpful and loving.
~Last, but not least, Ramsey is 1.  She is one of the sweetest, smiley babies I have ever seen.  She keeps a grin on face ALL the time!  She is just so sweet I could squeeze her!  Maggie LOVES to carry her around like a baby doll which makes me a nervous wreck...lol!
Thank you Lord for blessing Maggie with such wonderful cousins to grow up with!

Day 7-I am thankful for mine and my families health.  This is something that many people take for granted, including myself.  I pray almost nightly to not take things for granted.  It's so easy to forget things like this, but when you or a loved is sick, it's in the for front of your mind.  And there are so many families out there that are dealing with sicknesses that I would just fall apart if I had to deal with.  I complain about my child taking daily allergy medicine when there are kids taking life saving medicine,etc.  I just pray that I always have a thankful heart and refrain from a lot of complaining.  Do everything with Joy and without complaint.

Day 8-I am SO thankful for my job.  A job that I just adore!  I work with 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th graders at a small school in our city.  I am the MCT 2 tutor there.  My teaching degree is 7-12, so I originally started off with 7th graders.  They are a handful!  Now that I am in an Elementary setting, I don't think I will ever go back to older kids :)  I work part time, so I am still able to go on field trips with Maggie and help with class parties and such.  I am just NOT willing to give up doing those things with her.  My job is such a blessing to me and my family!

Day 9-I am very thankful for my mother in law.  She is such a help when Warren is gone as well as when he is here.  She really does treat me as one of her own children and loves Maggie to pieces!

Day 10-Friends!  The Lord has truly blessed me with some wonderful friends!  They are there through thick and thin and help out in whatever way they can.  I have been friends with these 2 girls for over 15 years now.  We were in each others weddings, at the hospital to see each others bundles of joy, as well as experienced many of life's up and down.  I truly love these girl!

Day 11-This may sound trite, but I am thankful for alone time.  I love, love, love my Maggie and my Warren, but sometimes a girl(or anyone for that matter) needs some time alone!  I am thankful that I have a wonderful husband who tells me "just go," when we have a girls night or when I want to go shopping by myself.  It is so refreshing to have "me" time!

Day 12-I am so very thankful for my blog.  It has allowed me to document so much of our lives.  I just wish I would have known about blogging before Maggie was born!  Oh well, at least I started when she was about 2.5 years old.  When I first started, I didn't blog much(another regret), but know I try and blog at least 2 times per week, just for the memories!  NO one reads this blog, and that's ok.  I just want the memories and accomplishments, and such recorded!

Day 13-I am very thankful that we finally found a church.  About a year ago, I decided to give a small little church in our town a visit.  Shamefully, I had not attended church regularly in about 15 plus years.  Maggie was 5.5 and had only been to church a handful of times.  For YEARS I had been saying and thinking that I wanted to get us in a church, but I never did anything about it.  One Saturday, I started thinking about church again and I had a couple in mind that I wanted to try.  I named 3 churches to a friend and she said, "I will go to IABC with ya'll!"  So, the next day we loaded up and went, and we have pretty much been going ever since!  So thankful God led us to this church!

No comments:

Post a Comment