Friday, December 21, 2012

A LOT OF CATCHING UP

We have had a very sick little girl on our hands!  Maggie started feeling bad Sunday afternoon and went downhill from there.  She ran 101-103 fever for 4 days and is still running a low grade temp at times.  She went to school for the first time all week, today.  Poor baby missed her Christmas lunch and party and is missing out on the train ride to "The North Pole" tonight.  We are just praying that she gets rid of this by this weekend.  I have felt so bad for her this week.  I think I was more disappointed than she was, that she was missing so many fun things.  I was actually in a funk about it.  I got to thinking and immediately asked God to forgive me for being so childish.  I thought about the sweet babies in CT and how their parents would giving almost anything to be sitting home with a sick baby that was missing Christmas festivities.  I van not even begin to fathom the pain that they must feel....just indescribable.

Here are some of the things that we have been up to lately.  The Saturday before Maggie got sick, we took the kids to The Bass Pro Shop.  They always have a great Santa set up and a great Santa.



Afterwards, we went to Ci Ci's Pizza.  Maggie won her first vending machine animal.  The one where you have to control the metal claw thing....

Our elf has been busy....



We also made our 2nd annual trip to watch The Nutcracker.  My MIL started this tradition last year and Maggie is obsessed!  She has a slight obsession with Nutcrackers :)



No comments:

Post a Comment