Sunday, June 23, 2013

BEAUTIFUL MOUNTAINS

The day after we took on Dollywood, we went sight seeing.  It has been YEARS(about 20) since I have been to the mountains.  There are just no words to describe the beauty!  I would love to take a weeks vacation there, but I don't think Maggie is ready for that...yet!  She liked seeing the mountains and creeks and such, but she just can't appreciate it yet.  Maybe when she's old enough to go white water rafting!?!  We only had time to explore for a little over half the day, so I chose to go to Cade's Cove.  It was amazing.  It was more than amazing....no words to describe the beauty!  The drive to Cade's Cove is really pretty and there are all kinds of places to pull off and take pictures and hike trails.  Unfortunately, we didn't have time to hike waterfall trails, but we did get some beautiful pictures....









It took us over an hour to drive to Cade's Cove.  As a matter of fact, I thought that the drive there WAS Cade's Cove.  So, we made it there and CC is a loop around with places to pull off and take pictures, hike, and sight see.  We quickly found out that it wasn't unusual to see this....


Deer were everywhere!  They would literally just look at you and keep eating.  It's like they KNEW that they were safe there :)

Maggie's favorite thing to do was collect rocks from the different little creeks.  We came home with a mason jar full of them!  The water was freezing!



These are pictures of the mountains.  Pictures do no justice!  Every time I took a picture, I would say to Warren...pictures do these no justice.  I am sure he was very sick of hearing me say that!





We had a wonderful trip.  We fit so much into 8 days!  We had great time and can not wait to go back soon.  Now we are off on another fun trip coming up soon :)






No comments:

Post a Comment