Wednesday, December 4, 2013

GATLINBURG DAY1

We left for our trip at midnight on the 28th and leaving at night was a great choice for us!  We had 7 people...5 adults and 2 children. Originally, we were going to take 2 separate cars, but then decided to rent a van!  I drove up until about 6:30 that morning and then Warren took over the rest of the way.  I slept a total of about 2 hours in a 40 hour period!  When we got to Gatlinburg, it was pretty rainy and dreary, but not very cold.  Boy did that change!  We arrived at our cabin around 10 that morning and headed out to eat and make a Walmart run.  We ate at Mr. Gatty's. For those who don't know, it's a pizza buffet with a game room type area.  I haven't eaten there in probably 15 plus years, and it was SO good!  Afterwards, we went back to the cabin to get ready to go to Dixie Stampede.  Oh my goodness.....the show was SO good!  We loved everything about it, and the kids had a blast!  Maggie barely ate because she was so enthralled with the show.  During the North/South competition, she was jumping up and down and hollering and screaming...lol.  Needless too say, it was definitely worth the money and we all had a great time!


Waiting on the show

Before we went in for the show, there were lots of pretty decorations to admire and people dressed up to take pictures with.  Maggie enjoyed posing for pictures pretty much whenever I asked!  


She was so happy about her boot.  She thought it was the coolest thing drinking out of it!

This is our "official" Dixie Stampede picture.

This was the only picture I got once we got inside the arena.  Pictures of the show were not allowed!












No comments:

Post a Comment