We started the month off by going to Zonta, the annual arts and crafts fair in our town. We didn't last long because it was SO crowded, but we had a good time while we were there! The girls always enjoy getting their face painted while we are there!
That night was the fireman drawdown. We had a blast! This was the only picture that I took that night...I stink at getting pictures sometimes!
One night, Warren and I along with my sister in laws, went to NOLA to a haunted house. I laughed the entire time, but one of my SIL's was scared to death. I think I laughed at her more than anything else!
One Sunday, we had Tailgate Sunday at church. We set up tents and had church outside. We grilled and the kids played. It was SO much fun. The guys played football....old-er vs young!
Student Council got to ride in the high school homecoming parade. The kids had a lot of fun!
Of course we made a trip to the county fair. Who can pass up gumbo, funnel cakes, cotton candy, caramel apples, and lots of money?! Just kidding. We only went on the last day and bought a bracelet to ride unlimited. After a couple of hours, it was packed, so we opted to leave :)
Red ribbon week also took place during the month of October. Each day is a "theme" at school, so the kids always enjoy dressing out of uniform!
Also during Red Ribbon week, we had awards. So proud of this sweet girl for making all A's and 1 B!
At the end of the month, we had Field Day. I will just let the pictures do the talking in this one! We are so grateful for the sweet friends at Maggie's school!
During the week of Halloween, we always carve a pumpkin. This year, I waited until the day before Halloween to go get a pumpkin. Never in a million years did I think EVERYWHERE would be sold out. I mean literally everywhere. Maggie was pretty sad, but Warren's Aunt came to the rescue a few hours after the ordeal and alas...we had a pumpkin to carve :)
And last but not least, Halloween. We had a crew again this year! We always have fun getting together and going trick or treating with friends and family. This year, we were so glad that Halloween fell on a Friday. It made for a much more relaxing night. After trick or treating, we enjoyed grilling and just hanging out.
October was fun and busy. Now on to Thanksgiving....and turkey and dressing and all the yummy deserts that come with it :)



























No comments:
Post a Comment