Since Maggie's birthday fell on a Friday, it worked out perfectly to have her party on her actual birthday! She requested Hibachi for her birthday lunch! Before we left for lunch, she was ready for some presents!



Several months before her birthday, Maggie decided that she wanted to have a salon type party. We were going to rent out the gym at our church. I thought this was a great idea and we had been looking forward to it for a while. Fast forward to the beginning of June, and I just so happened to remember that her birthday weekend was the weekend of our church's 50th anniversary. I thought long and hard trying to figure out an alternate location. I could not think of anywhere else. We threw around a few other ideas, but nothing seemed to get accomplished. We have a neighborhood swimming pool, that we are not members of(because we have a pool), so I mentioned this to Maggie. She liked the idea, especially since they have a diving board and a slide. Unsure if we could book since we aren't members, I got in touch with a friend who is a member there. She said that we didn't have to be members in order to have a party there. WIN! Maggie wanted to do a luau type theme. I am not big on decorating, mostly because I just don't have a decorating talent, but we did a few things to make it work! We do have a pool, and we have had her pool party here a couple of times, but I just wanted something different. I wanted to be able to enjoy the party. We hired 2 lifeguards and it felt so good to not have to watch every kid like a hawk the entire time. We did a "drop off, pick up" type thing and it worked out great. Not that the parents weren't welcomed to stay, it's just the older they get, the easier it is to not have to commit yourself to sitting at a pool for 2 hours! Of course our family and close friends stayed. We did her party from 7-9pm. At first I was a little nervous about the time, but with it being so hot, I knew it would be best to have it during the evening. Let me tell you...it was the best decision. We had a great turn out. 26 kids in all. We are always a little nervous about her friends from school coming only because school has been out for over a month and people are just so busy during the summer! She was so excited that all her little school friends came. Overall it was a great party and everyone complimented on how good it turned out!
Her mammaw made 72 chocolate cupcakes for her party :)
There are tons more of her party, but I did't want to bombard with kids swimming...lol
She asked if she could have a few girls stay over after her party. At first, I was not going to fool with it, but then wondered how many more sleepovers she would actually want to have. So I said yes :) My best friend spent the night to help me with my sanity...lol. The girls didn't go to bed until after 3a.m. Whew...it's been a LONG time since I've seen that late!
No comments:
Post a Comment