Saturday morning we were off to Stone Mountain. It was pretty chilly in the morning, but warmed up during the day. Little did we know, but would later find out...Maggie had the flu :(
We had a fun day at Stone Mountain... rock climbing, riding the train, goofy golf and few more fun activities. I did the rock climbing and may have only gotten a 4th of the way up.
Of course, one of the main attractions at Stone Mountain is the Laser show. The only downer was that all the activities closed at 7, so you had to wait for an hour and a half for the show. At this point, it was starting to get cold. The girls were trying to keep warm...not working too well.
We ended staying for about 20 minutes for the show and leaving. I was kind of bummed, but the girls(along with myself) were really cold, and Maggie wasn't feeling well. We got back to the hotel around 10:15 and Maggie was shivering out of control and had fever. I was praying that maybe it was a fluke, gave her tylenol, bundled her up in bed and prayed that she would wake up better.
The next morning, she woke up fine! We headed off for our Six Flags adventure. Again...cold!
We were able to ride most things with little to no wait! There were only a couple of things that we had to wait for! We went in for lunch and let the girls warm up some...
just trying to pass the time
fun on the swings
Towards the end of the day, we had 2 roller coasters left. Warren got in line with the girls and I went to get them a snack. About 30 minutes later, Maggie started shivering and had fever again. Luckily I brought the tylenol with us, so I gave her some and about 30 minutes later, she started feeling better. The girls opted out of the last 2 roller coasters, so we found them a souvenir and went to find something for dinner. Maggie seemed fine at this point. We got back to the room around 10 and she was feeling a little warm. I gave her a little more tylenol and got her in bed.
The next morning, she woke up fever free, again. We headed to Dave and Busters for a little more fun before heading home.
We got home around 10 Monday night and Maggie had 99.9 fever, but didn't feel bad. At this point, I really didn't know what to think.
Tuesday, she went to Chucky Cheese...
Wednesday we took the kids to a trampoline park and they jumped for almost 3 hours...
That night, she spent the night with a friend and called Thursday morning around 9:30 and said she was vomiting. We took her to the Dr, where he was confident she had the stomach bug. I asked that she be swabbed for the flu, and low and behold, it was positive. I am confident that she had this since the Saturday we were out of town. We came home and you really would have never even known she was sick.
We stayed away from the world the rest of Thursday and all of Friday.
Saturday, we had sweet Ella Grace's 5th bday party
Sunday, we boiled crawfish and hung out with friends for our last afternoon before Spring Break was over. We are in the home stretch now. 5 and a half more weeks and it's summer break!!!!! I am also looking forward to a girls weekend coming up soon :)
No comments:
Post a Comment