Tuesday, July 26, 2016

SAN FRANCISCO- DAYS 1&2

We had the time of our lives during our trip to SF.  It was mine and Maggie's first ever plane ride!  I am happy to report that it was not bad at all!









Upon arriving, we couldn't wait to get our hands on these sweet little Williams' girls!  Baby Amelia June is only 4 weeks old!  Emory is almost 2!




We made it to SF around 2 and just visited and hung out for the rest of the afternoon.  Just what we needed, because day 2 was FULL of fun!

The next day we got up and headed to Ghirardelli Square. 





Maggie had the mint chocolate chip sundae.  I swiped a few bites of hers, and it was delicious!

 Warren and Dustin shared the famous sundae, and it was really good too!  I opted for the salted caramel hot chocolate, and it was delicious as well :)

San Francisco Bay.  It was very chilly pretty much the whole time we were here.  The water temp was in the 50's, but there were several people swimming.

It was sort of foggy at the Golden Gate Bridge, but you an see it in the background if you look really hard.

 I sure do love that we get to take Maggie on fun little adventures at such a young age!

This a much better view of the bridge from the Bay.  It was amazing how it would go from super foggy to pretty much clear and then back to foggy in less than an hour.  











After we left the square, we went to Lombard Street, known as the crookedest street in the word.









Next, we headed to the Golden Gate Bridge!  This was one of the highlights of the trip for me :)  I mean...who can go to San Fran and not do to the GGB?!  It was beautiful, as expected!  And the views from the bridge were amazing!  We walked halfway across the bridge and then turned around.  It would have been fun to drive the whole bridge, but I don't think we would have made it there and back on foot1

























After we left the GGB, we wanted to see the Pacific Ocean....






And then, we stopped by Ocean Beach.  This is a beach where people usually surf.  We were told that there are only a handful of times during the year you will see it crowed with swimmers .  It's usually pretty chilly, so too cold to swim!  Also, I was surprised at the color of the sand!  I am used to white sand, and this was more of a brown color.  Not that it wasn't beautiful, just different!



After our Pacific Ocean visit, we road around and looked at the rich people's houses...lol.  I didn't get any pictures, but it was neat to see where the wealthy live!

Next, we headed up to Twin Peaks.  It's the best view of the city!  We were super high, and it was crazy windy!














We headed home after our long, but oh so fun day and got some baby Amelia lovin.  














No comments:

Post a Comment