On Saturday, we got up, got packed and headed to the snowy mountains to ski! We were all so excited because none of us had ever been skiing before. Initially, we discussed going to Keystone, but after some research, decided that it may be a little too busy for these first time skiers. Someone had mentioned to Warren, Monarch Mountain, so I began researching, and we both agreed that this looked like a more relaxed option. I am so glad that we chose MM, because it ended up being perfect for what we were looking for! The drive was beautiful! I took tons of pictures on the way up.....
We stopped in Salida for lunch. It's the last town before Monarch, and there's nothing in Manarch...lol . We ate at a local place called The Pancake Patio. It did not disappoint! Afterwards, we went to our lodge, then went up to the mountain to go ahead set up our ski lessons and rent out equipment for the next day. I am SO glad we went ahead and took care of this because it saved us an hour the next morning.
We headed back in to Salida for dinner and found this cute little pizza place in downtown. It was SO good! How crazy is it that these deer were just feeding in the park in the middle of down town?!? I thought it was the coolest thing!
After dinner, we went back to the lodge to get some rest for our big ski day!
No comments:
Post a Comment