We had Spring Break last week. We didn't do anything to exciting. We visited EllaGrace a few times, took the kids to the park some, and Maggie had a few t-ball practices and games. It made for a pretty relaxing week :). I love that! No "real" schedule and kinda just go with the flow days! I look forward to that during the summer. I swear, I don't see how anyone can work a year round job...just sayin! I am a teacher and I LOVE having the summers off as well as holidays!
On Saturday, we let the kids dye eggs. Maggie loved it! It's so funny because as the kids were dying the eggs the adults were constantly telling them to leave them in longer, or not to touch them, or don't let 2 eggs touch...the colors will bleed and so forth. After a few minutes of saying these things, I stood and wondered WHY? Why do I have to be so OCD when Maggie is doing things? Why can't she dye EVERY egg the same color if she wants to? What does it matter if her eggs bleed colors on each other? You know what? It DOESN'T matter! Sometimes it's so hard to just let her be. I need to work so much harder in this area. The bottom line is...her eggs were perfect no matter what. They were a reflection of her at that moment and that age. I am sure 4 years from now all her eggs will be perfect colors and I will miss her dipping her hands in the dye to pull out the eggs! I try so hard to force some areas in my life to be perfect, when actually, they are no where near perfect, even if I think they are. I will NEVER be perfect here on this Earth, and thankfully I don't have to be...my Jesus loves me, imperfections and all! And I am SO thankful for that. It's funny how HE uses seemingly meaningless instances to show us our imperfections at their best! I love lessons like that. They seem to stick with me the most!
"hatching" the eggs as Maggie called it!
Easter morning....
Maggie woke up to a basket full of goodies. I went way over board this year. When buying Maggie things, I always do. Something I will definately work on next year.
We went to my mom's to eat lunch and let Maggie and Jordan hunt eggs. They had a blast!
That evening we went to my MIL's so that Brennen and Maggie could find eggs over there. They had a blast also!
No comments:
Post a Comment