Wednesday, December 4, 2013

GATLINBURG DAY 3

This day was our coldest day in Gatlinburg.  A high of 36 to be exact!  We went to Cade's Cove this morning and it was freezing.  We had planned to hike a few places, including a waterfall, but that did NOT happen!  We walked to a cabin about a quarter mile there and a quarter mile back, and we could tell that the kids were miserable, and they just were not going to be able to handle being outside :(  I admit that at first I was kind of disappointed but I have learned that you just have to go with the flow...especially with 7 people!  Anyways, our day was not ruined and we saw breathtaking views and LOTS of deer.  Summer vs Winter- I definitely suggest this for summer/fall.  This time, most of the creaks were dried up and all of the leaves had already turned brown and fallen off the trees.  I would think it would be gorgeous in the Fall when all the leaves have changed color and also after a fresh snow in the winter.  It was beautiful during the summer with everything green and all of the flowers in bloom.  Regardless, Cade's Cove is beautiful!  Below are.... I am sure WAY too many pictures, but it was so hard to choose!














We got done with CC around 3, so we decided to go ahead and walk around downtown Gatlinburg.  At one point I looked at the weather on my phone and it was 17 degrees!  I left my camera in the car but got this cute picture with my phone....


Downtown was lit up beautifully for Christmas and we just enjoyed walking around and looking in different shops!  Warren even tried the worlds hottest hot sauce and got a sticker to prove it!


No comments:

Post a Comment